Reflex Krill Oil (90 Capsules)
Krill oil provides a source of fatty acids that comes from a deepwater marine planktonic crustacean. It is unique because not only is it a rich source of the omega 3 fatty acids EPA and DHA but also contains a potent naturally occurring antioxidant called astaxanthin.
It has become clear that as the modern western diet has evolved, there has become less and less essential fatty acids (EFA’s) that are vital for maintaining optimum health. Research indicates that those who have a better balance of omega 3 within their diet have improved concentration and better cholesterol profile and are less likely to suffer from heart disease. Krill Oil differs from most omega 3 supplements because the majority of its fatty acids content comes in the form of phospholipids as opposed to triglycerides as these are better utilised by the body which means that the health benefits can be derived at lower dosages.
Krill oil contains a high amount of the potent antioxidant astaxanthin, along with small amounts of vitamin A and vitamin E. Antioxidants have been extensively studied for their free radical scavenging properties. Free radicals are destructive molecules that can cause damage if left untreated. Antioxidants neutralise free radicals meaning they cannot cause any harm within the body.
Reflex use the Superba brand of krill oil due to their high quality control procedures as well operating a sustainable fishing policy which has been certified by the Marine Stewardship Council (MSC).
- Rich in EPA and DHA both essential fatty acids
- Contains naturally occurring antioxidants
- Sourced from the clean, unpolluted waters of the Antarctic
- Uses Superba brand of Krill Oil
- Container Size: 90 Capsules
- Serving Size: 1 Capsule
- Servings Per Container: 90
Amounts Per Serving
- Krill Oil: 500 mg
- of which Phospholipids: 220 mg
- of which Omega 3 Fatty Acids: 110 mg
- of which Omega 6 Fatty Acids: 10 mg
- of which EPA: 60 mg
- of which DHA: 27.5 mg
- Astaxanthin: 40 ug
- Krill Oil extracted from sustainably sourced Antarctic Krill (Euphausia superba), Softgel composition (Bovine Gelatin, Sorbitol, Glycerol, Water and Vanilla flavour)
- Take 1 to 2 capsules in the morning with or without food.
Suitability / Allergen Information
- Not suitable for vegetarians